Online AA in General Studies: Career Outlook
Get Ready to Advance Your Career
- THERE ARE 3,638,800 SECRETARY AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT POSITIONS AS OF 20191
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES EARN AN AVERAGE SALARY OF $34,7102
- Police, fire, and ambulance dispatcher positions are growing by 6% through 20293
With the 100% online associate degree in general studies, you’ll be equipped to enter the job market competitively, secure career advancement opportunities, or continue your education with a bachelor’s degree.
As a financial clerk, you would support the inner workings of an office to ensure it operates smoothly. In addition to the administrative work you would perform, you would also maintain records, offer customer service, and administer financial exchanges. Financial clerks earn an average salary of $40,540, and there were 1,343,400 positions as of 2019.
Police, Fire, and Ambulance Dispatcher
In cases of urgency, police, fire, and ambulance dispatchers intervene to help get the right emergency personnel to the right place at the right time. As a dispatcher, you would help facilitate clear communication in the appropriate channels to ensure emergencies are addressed. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, dispatcher positions are expected to grow by 6%, and those positions earn a median salary of $41,910.
Additional roles for online associate’s degree in general studies include:
- Administrative assistant
- Office manager
- Customer service representative
- Sales associate
Request More Information
If you’d like to learn more about Methodist University’s application process, admissions requirements, tuition and financial aid or specific program details, fill out this form, and we’ll be in touch shortly.
Program Outcomes: Work in a Variety of Industries
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Apply critical thinking skills to find innovative solutions.
- Utilize basic computer technology tools to solve problems.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with members of a team.
- Advance your academic profile to continue your education in a bachelor’s degree program.
- Build off of your foundation to pursue personal, professional, and civic success.
Ensuring Your Success Beyond Graduation
From the moment you become a student at Methodist University, you’ll have access to the support needed to obtain career readiness skills, internships, employment, and other career opportunities. And you can tap into a wide variety of career services long after you’ve graduated.
Here are just a few examples of what you can expect for career support as a student or alumnus. You can benefit from all of them remotely.