Online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice: Career Outlook
Excel in your field.
- MEDIAN ANNUAL WAGE FOR PROBATION OFFICERS AND CORRECTIONAL TREATMENT SPECIALISTS IS $60,2501
- MEDIAN ANNUAL WAGE FOR PRIVATE DETECTIVES AND INVESTIGATORS IS $59,3802
A degree in criminal justice is extremely versatile. When you graduate, you can pursue entry-level and advanced roles across fields like law enforcement, corrections, probation, parole, and law, or you can continue to graduate school.
This program has helped graduates pursue employment at notable organizations. Methodist University alumni include professionals at the Secret Service, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, and the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation.
Police and Detectives
Enforce laws and regulations to protect people and property as a police officer. With this degree, you can also pursue work as a detective. In this role, you’ll gather evidence and investigate crimes.3
CORRECTIONAL TREATMENT SPECIALISTS
Help maintain order and safety in jails, prisons, and courtrooms. Correctional officers supervise and protect inmates while enforcing the rules that govern a jail or prison. Bailiffs follow court procedures and escort judges, jurors, witnesses, and prisoners to court.4
Other positions you could qualify for with your criminal justice degree:
- Crime scene investigator
- Probation officer
- Correctional treatment specialist
- DEA agent
- FBI agent
- Fish and game warden
- Immigration and customs enforcement agent
- Private security guard
- Secret Service agent
- State trooper
- U.S. Marshal
- U.S. postal inspector
Request More Information
If you’d like to learn more about Methodist University’s application process, admissions requirements, tuition and financial aid or specific program details, fill out this form, and we’ll be in touch shortly.
Program Outcomes: Shape Your Understanding of Crime
In the online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, you’ll:
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of the causes of and responses to criminality.
- Demonstrate research skills in conducting a research project in the capstone course.
- Demonstrate the application of forensic science within the context of the investigative process.
- Acquire the necessary skills in interpersonal communications, program and policy development, community organization, planning and research to function in a professional position in the field of criminal justice.
Ensuring Your Success Beyond Graduation
From the moment you become a student at Methodist University, you’ll have access to the support needed to obtain career readiness skills, internships, employment, and other career opportunities. And you can tap into a wide variety of career services long after you’ve graduated.
Here are just a few examples of what you can expect for career support as a student or alumnus. You can benefit from all of them remotely.
- “Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists.” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved on August 30, 2022 from https://www.bls.gov/.
- “Private Detectives and Investigators.” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved on August 30, 2022 from https://www.bls.gov/.
- “Police and Detectives.” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved on August 30, 2022 from https://www.bls.gov/.
- “Correctional Officers and Bailiffs.” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved on August 30, 2022 from https://www.bls.gov/.