Excel in your field.
- Median annual wage for correctional officers and bailiffs is $45,3001
- Median annual wage for private detectives and investigators is $50,5102
A degree in criminal justice is extremely versatile. When you graduate, you can pursue entry-level and advanced roles across fields like law enforcement, corrections, probation, parole, and law, or you can continue to graduate school.
This program has helped graduates pursue employment at notable organizations. Methodist University alumni include professionals at the Secret Service, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, and the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation.
Police and Detectives
Enforce laws and regulations to protect people and property as a correctional officer. In another law enforcement role, detective, you’ll gather evidence and investigate crimes.3
Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists
Help rehabilitate probationers or parolees. In this role, you’ll work with law offenders in custody by connecting them to resources for work or substance abuse counseling.4
Other positions you could qualify for with your criminal justice degree:
- Crime scene investigator
- DEA agent
- FBI agent
- Fish and game warden
- Immigration and customs enforcement agent
- Private security guard
- Secret Service agent
- State trooper
- U.S. Marshal
- U.S. postal inspector
Request More Information
If you’d like to learn more about Methodist University’s application process, admissions requirements, tuition and financial aid or specific program details, fill out this form, and we’ll be in touch shortly.
Program Outcomes: Shape Your Understanding of Crime
In the online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, you’ll:
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of the causes of and responses to criminality.
- Demonstrate research skills in conducting a research project in the capstone course.
- Demonstrate the application of forensic science within the context of the investigative process.
- Acquire the necessary skills in interpersonal communications, program and policy development, community organization, planning and research to function in a professional position in the field of criminal justice.
Ensuring Your Success Beyond Graduation
From the moment you become a student at Methodist University, you’ll have access to the support needed to obtain career readiness skills, internships, employment, and other career opportunities. And you can tap into a wide variety of career services long after you’ve graduated.
Here are just a few examples of what you can expect for career support as a student or alumnus. You can benefit from all of them remotely.