Online Bachelor of Social Work: Career Outlook
Provide Support at the Individual, Family, and Community Levels
- 713,200 social worker positions as of 20191
- 17% increase in social and human service assistant positions expected2
- $50,470 average salary of social workers1
After graduating from the online Bachelor of Social Work from Methodist University, you’ll have the opportunity to enter a growing field. Because diverse communities have diverse needs, you’ll have the option to explore which career opportunities in social work cater most to your professional and personal interests.
Through MU’s online Bachelor of Social Work, you’ll be prepared to support individuals, families, and communities across different social work environments.
As a social worker, you would be able to work in a number of environments that include clinics, schools, child welfare agencies, human service organizations, nonprofits, private practices, and hospitals, to name a few. Moreover, you would help individuals, families, and/or communities find solutions to social and economic problems of all levels. Social worker positions are expected to grow by 13% through 2029.1
Social and Community Service Manager
Social and community service managers work to oversee programs that benefit people in social work contexts. In addition to supervising staff and coordinating with other organizations, social and community service managers choose the direction of social work initiatives in nonprofit organizations, private companies, government agencies, and more. Social and community service manager roles are expected to expand by 17% through 2029.3
Additional roles for online Bachelor of Social Work graduates:
- Family service worker
- Habilitation specialist
- Mental health assistant
- Probation or correctional officer
- Nursing home care manager
Request More Information
If you’d like to learn more about Methodist University’s application process, admissions requirements, tuition and financial aid or specific program details, fill out this form, and we’ll be in touch shortly.
Program Outcomes: Social and Economic Support
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Practice social work to support communities without discrimination.
- Understand the history of social work to address its contemporary issues.
- Apply a critical thinking framework to find innovative social work solutions.
- Disentangle systems of oppression and discrimination to identify innovative social work solutions.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with individuals, families, and communities.
- Offer support through social work’s professional values, ethics, and principles.
- Operate effectively within organizational structures to offer support.
Ensuring Your Success Beyond Graduation
From the moment you become a student at Methodist University, you’ll have access to the support needed to obtain career readiness skills, internships, employment, and other career opportunities. And you can tap into a wide variety of career services long after you’ve graduated.
Here are just a few examples of what you can expect for career support as a student or alumnus. You can benefit from all of them remotely.