Build a Career in Patient-Centered Care
- Registered nurse positions exceed 3,096,700 as of 20191
- Nurse case managers earn an average salary of $72,7402
- Clinical research nurses earn an average salary of $72,2123
Methodist University’s online RN to BSN program will equip you with the tools to navigate a modernizing and expanding health care industry. In both inpatient and outpatient settings, the program will prepare you to find career advancement opportunities.
The flagship career path for BSN graduates, registered nurses are qualified to provide patient-centered care in a variety of health care and medical environments. As a nurse, you would help formulate, communicate, and implement care plans to guide patient recovery. Registered nurse positions are expected to grow by 7% through 2029, and those who hold the position earn an average salary of $73,300.1
Medical and Health Services Manager
As a medical and health services manager, you would supervise staff as they provide care to patients in different medical contexts. While there is a business component aspect of this role, the bulk of responsibilities for health services managers relies on supporting your team through scheduling, coordinating, and planning projects to ensure effective care. Medical and Health Services Managers earn an average salary of $100,980, and positions in the field are expected to grow by 32% through 2029.4
Request More Information
If you’d like to learn more about Methodist University’s application process, admissions requirements, tuition and financial aid or specific program details, fill out this form, and we’ll be in touch shortly.
Program Outcomes: Patient-Driven, Evidence-Based Care
- Provide innovative, contemporary, and patient-centered care.
- Coordinate with other health care professionals to serve patients.
- Help develop and articulate care plans with patients.
- Remain legally compliant and ethical as you practice as a nurse.
- Follow necessary safety protocols to ensure top-notch care delivery.
Ensuring Your Success Beyond Graduation
From the moment you become a student at Methodist University, you’ll have access to the support needed to obtain career readiness skills, internships, employment, and other career opportunities. And you can tap into a wide variety of career services long after you’ve graduated.
Here are just a few examples of what you can expect for career support as a student or alumnus. You can benefit from all of them remotely.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Registered Nurses, at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm (visited December 14, 2020).
- Payscale, Nurse Case Manager, retrieved at https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Nurse_Case_Manager/Salary (visited December 14, 2020).
- Payscale, Clinical Research Nurse, retrieved https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Clinical_Research_Nurse/Salary (visited December 14, 2020).
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Medical and Health Services Managers, at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm (visited November 21, 2020).