Develop Versatile Skills for Numerous Marketing Career Paths.
- THE MEDIAN ANNUAL SALARY FOR MARKETING MANAGERS WAS $136,850 IN 20191
- THE TOP 10% OF MARKETING, ADVERTISING, AND PROMOTIONS MANAGERS EARN $208,000 OR MORE1
- THE EMPLOYMENT OF MARKETING, ADVERTISING, AND PROMOTIONS MANAGERS WILL GROW 6% FROM 2019 TO 2029 — FASTER THAN MOST POSITIONS2
If you’re interested in beginning a career in management, specializing in marketing offers tremendous upside. The median salary for marketing managers ranks in the top three for all management positions listed by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.3 Additionally, the employment of marketing and advertising managers is growing faster than the rate for all other occupations.
Methodist University designed the 100% online BS in Marketing program to enable aspiring professionals to succeed in marketing. You will acquire versatile competencies needed for marketing management and specialized roles in fields like market research, search engine optimization, product design, and sales. Additionally, the optional Health Care Administration Concentration prepares you to lead business development on behalf of hospital systems and insurance firms.
As a marketing manager, you will apply your analytical, planning, and strategic skills to generate buzz and sales for products and services. Marketing managers also lead branding initiatives and refine product development processes to ensure that their business outperforms the competition.1,4
Put your ability to meet customer needs, forecast demand, and deliver compelling product messaging to use as a sales manager. To maximize an organization’s revenue, you will collaborate with marketing, product development, distribution, and other teams across an organization.5
Health Care Marketing Director
Choose the Health Care Administration concentration to qualify for roles that oversee business development at a health care system. As a health care marketing director, you will apply your strategic and organizational knowledge to improve a hospital or insurance company’s brand, consumer outreach, and profitability.6
After you complete Methodist University’s 100% online BS in Marketing program, you can follow multiple marketing career paths, including these positions:
- Social media marketing manager
- Market research analyst
- Customer acquisition specialist
- Search engine marketer
- Web-based marketer
- Email marketing specialist
- Product manager or designer
- Meeting, convention, and event planner
- Training and development specialist
Request More Information
If you’d like to learn more about Methodist University’s application process, admissions requirements, tuition and financial aid or specific program details, fill out this form, and we’ll be in touch shortly.
Program Outcomes: Build a Foundation for Marketing Success
Complete the online BS in Marketing program to:
- Gain a practical understanding of the marketer’s role within an organization, including substantive knowledge in theoretical and applied aspects of marketing.
- Prepare to develop strategic marketing plans, implement tactical programs, and evaluate campaign performance.
- Develop as a communicator to deliver business and marketing messages that motivate consumers to act.
- Understand the ethical issues that marketers face in the workplace and begin your career as a responsible professional.
Ensuring Your Success Beyond Graduation
From the moment you become a student at Methodist University, you’ll have access to the support needed to obtain career readiness skills, internships, employment, and other career opportunities. And you can tap into a wide variety of career services long after you’ve graduated.
Here are just a few examples of what you can expect for career support as a student or alumnus. You can benefit from all of them remotely.