Online Bachelor of Science in Psychology: Career Outlook
Choose from dozens of opportunities.
- EMPLOYMENT OF COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL SERVICE OCCUPATIONS ARE PROJECTED TO GROW 12% BY 20301
- MANAGEMENT OCCUPATIONS EARN MORE THAN ANY OTHER MAJOR OCCUPATIONAL GROUP ($102,450/YEAR)2
Enhance your career opportunities with one of the most versatile degrees available. Graduating with a bachelor’s degree in psychology is the first step in pursuing several entry-level opportunities in this growing field. Further study can open up even more career routes, both in psychology and in other industries. From substance abuse counseling to human resources and management, skills gained from the study of psychology can contribute to a range of possibilities.
Methodist University’s online psychology program exposes you to multiple psychological disciplines as well as core skills – critical thinking, data analysis, and communication — that you can apply to a variety of careers. As a student, you’ll also have the option of customizing your studies by adding a concentration in either human performance or counseling/clinical psychology.
Substance Abuse, Behavioral Disorder, and Mental Health* Counselors
Help people who are dealing with some type of mental or behavioral problem. *Note that mental health counselors typically need at least a master’s degree.3
Social and Community Service Managers
Oversee social service program and a community organization. In this role, you’ll plan outreach activities, write proposals for funding, and more to enhance the organization’s impact in the community.4
Other positions you could qualify for with your psychology degree:
- Assistant behavior analyst
- Business administrator
- Case manager
- Human resources manager
- Psychiatric technician
- Rehabilitation specialist
- School counselor
- Top- or mid-level manager
Request More Information
If you’d like to learn more about Methodist University’s application process, admissions requirements, tuition and financial aid or specific program details, fill out this form, and we’ll be in touch shortly.
Program Outcomes: Gain Foundational Knowledge and Skills
In the online Bachelor of Science in Psychology, you’ll:
- Acquire a significant understanding of their psychological functioning (perceiving, feeling, thinking, and behaving) and its development and that of others.
- Acquire significant knowledge of the application of psychology to the enhancement of human life.
- Acquire significant knowledge of different approaches to attaining knowledge, with an emphasis on the scientific approach.
- Be prepared to enter a graduate program in psychology or an entry-level job related to the provision of psychological services in which a baccalaureate degree in psychology is a requirement or an alternative requirement.
Ensuring Your Success Beyond Graduation
From the moment you become a student at Methodist University, you’ll have access to the support needed to obtain career readiness skills, internships, employment, and other career opportunities. And you can tap into a wide variety of career services long after you’ve graduated.
Here are just a few examples of what you can expect for career support as a student or alumnus. You can benefit from all of them remotely.
- “Community and Social Service Occupations.” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved on August 29, 2022 from https://www.bls.gov/.
- “Management Occupations.” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved on August 29, 2022 from https://www.bls.gov/.
- “Substance Abuse, Behavioral Disorder, and Mental Health Counselors.” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved on August 29, 2022 from https://www.bls.gov/.
- “Social and Community Service Managers.” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved on August 29, 2022 from https://www.bls.gov/.